I don’t mean it to be cliche, but God’s got it all under control. He used beloved friends of ours to meet an impressive financial deadline two days before it was due. I hadn’t been concerned about meeting the deadline, but I have to admit my lack of concern was less about trusting in His provision and more about distraction and other less noble emotions and assumptions. But, He took care of us and met a real need, whether we perceived it as such or not.
We’re making real, good progress on the home study, but I’ll never feel content at the pace, I suppose. On one hand, I understand the paperwork; but mostly I just hate that Ladybug needs a family, and our family needs a Ladybug. And yet we’re separated by thousands of miles and too many months.
We have completed three of our four home study visits. We’ve secured our birth and marriage certificates; gotten letters from the pediatrician testifying to the health of Poppy and Bumblebee; met with our nurse practitioner to have our own health verified; submitted financial documents and requested a letter from our bank to verify our fiscal health; discussed with our social worker where Ladybug might sleep, and whether or not we have fire extinguishers, and what kinds of expectations we hold for bringing Ladybug home.
We have also completed our first of three in-person adoption trainings. We, along with two other prospective adoptive families, met for several hours to discuss the ins and outs of becoming adoptive families. We discussed big and tough things like gains and losses for all involved in an adoption – spelling out what we gain and lose, what Ladybug will gain and lose, what her birth parents might have gained and lost, and so on.
So, I guess you could say that things are moving along relatively well at this point. We’re making progress on nearly every adoption-related front. Yay!
Please pray for these things specifically:
- that Ladybug would know her worth and that she is loved, that she would have her needs met during this time of waiting;
- that God would continue to provide financially for this adoption, and praises to Him for his faithfulness!
- that we would be encouraged through the days and weeks and months of working hard to complete the process
- that God would shut every door that the enemy tries to use to bring us down
- that we would grow as a family and in our faith, ever-ready for where He calls us
Thank you dear ones!